Friday, July 27, 2012

Quiltastic Hiatus

Things got pretty busy, and I haven't had a chance to sew for a long time. I have summer sundresses to make for my toddler, and my polka-dot zigzag quilt is half pieced. And now our basement has a problem with the electrical outlets, and I can't sew in my sewing corner! Disaster. An electrician is coming today while I am at work to fix it. I have been working a lot lately, but have a 4 day weekend coming now and then 2 weeks off in mid August! So I hope to get my sewing mojo back, finish my current quilt (confession, I bought a kit for a new quilt from Fabricworm...!)

I also have another project in mind. I have some good friends who recently moved to the Oregon coast and started new careers. They just bought a big house in hopes of opening a bed and breakfast but then suddenly found themselves becoming legal guardians of their 4 nieces and nephews! They went from no kids to 4, ages 4 to 9. The kids have been through a lot of hard things but now finally have some stability and some things of their own for the first time ever. So I am thinking of doing some sewing for them, either some simple quilts or some minky blankets. I'm leaning toward the latter, but even that is a lot of time, so I'm still planning how to attack the project. I'm psyched for this family, though.

Enjoy your summer, we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment